NO MORE TICKETS!
This year The Sweetcorn festival is entirely ticket-less! No more waiting in one line to get tickets and another line to spend them. We will be taking Cash and Credit/Debit cards at all beer and corn tents.
ALL LOCAL BEER & WINE
We have partnered with all local Breweries and Wineries this year to feature the flavors that make Urbana-Champaign unique! Our beverage tents will feature beer and wine from Rigg’s Beer Company, The Blind Pig Brewery, Destihl, and Wyldewood Cellars. Our full list of available beers and wines is listed below.
Riggs Beer Company will be featuring their Helles, Hefeweizen & IPL.
The Helles is Riggs’ August Seasonal release. Helles is light in color, but that doesn’t mean that it lacks flavor. In fact, that’s what makes Helles so special. It’s floral and herbal hop aromas blend perfectly with a delicate sweetness. A grainy sweet flavor is followed by a dry, almost champagne-like finish.
Hefeweizen is the most popular style of the southern German state of Bavaria for good reason. It has a rich banana aroma, but finishes clean, slightly tart, and refreshing. Matt’s favorite beer style is Hefeweizen, which is probably why he took especially good notes on how to make it during his studies.
Riggs’ India Pale Lager is designed is to showcase its hops. So, as big fans of lager fermentations, Riggs decided to see what would happen if they used a German Lager yeast in an American IPA to create a truly blank canvas for the finest aroma hop varieties to shine through. They think you’ll agree that their IPL allows you to experience hops in a way that IPAs never quite could.
The Blind Pig Brewing Company is bringing their U of IPA, Raspberry Wheat & Blue Pils
Blind Pig’s IPA is made with pale, hi-dried, and crystal malts, and an unusual blend of several types of hops. So of course it is crisp. Of course it is dry. And of course it has an amazing citrus hoppy aroma.
The Raspberry Wheat is brewed with pounds and pounds of raspberries to give this refreshingly light wheat beer a gentle fruit aroma and flavor. Never cloying nor sweet, it is subtle and lovely.
The Blue Pils is a classic German-style Pilsener, with a generous dry-hopping of Czech Saaz hops, resulting in a crisp, clean, dry finish.
Wyldewood Cellars will have their Lady Pearl & Elderberry Mead
The fabulous Lady Pearl is a newer addition to Wyldewood’s wine list. This simple blend has a refreshing strawberry flavor to compare to the best Moscato. Gold Medal winner at the 2016 INDY Wine Competition.
The Elderberry mead is delicious! It tastes like liquid honey with elderberries. Double Gold and Honey Wine Blend of the Year – Indy 2012.
The Normal Pils is brilliantly pale in color, this beer exhibits a pronounced spicy, floral nose with a soft bready character. Flavors of sweet malt with earthy, floral hops come to the front before finishing crisp and dry, for a beer that is anything but normal.
Their Soundboard Session IPA is melody of Citrus and Simcoe hops playing off light but balanced malt, for a sublimely mixed beer that is sessionable and blissful music to all the senses.
The Weissenheimer, a wheat ale, has a hazy, straw-colored hue, banana and clove-like aromas and flavors of a full mouthfeel without being full of itself. No joke!
2018 Sweetcorn Festival Drink Cup
Our festival souvenir cup is back this year. With purchase of the cup (only $3) festival-goers will be able to freely roam the festival and local Urbana bars with their drink all weekend long! So, go ahead, grab a great local brew from one of our festival tents, and then visit the bars listed below to take in their entertainment for a bit, fill up your same cup with another craft beer or mixed drink, and head back out to participate in all of the amazing activities you’ll find at this year’s festival! Roaming with a drink in your hand at the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival has never been easier.**
Cups Will Be Available At Our Venue Partners Below
** Fine Print:
- Must be 21+ and have a wristband to drink.
- No one is permitted to purchase a cup or be served a drink unless they are wearing a wristband.
- Wristbands can be found at the Entry of each participating bar/restaurant or Festival Beverage Tents.
- You may purchase Souvenir Sweetcorn Festival Cups at Festival Beverage Tents and any participating bar/restaurant.
- A festival map will be available and will list all participating bar and beverage stations.
- Please refer to map for each venue’s age restrictions.
- Festival Beverage Tents will only sell and pour into a Souvenir Sweetcorn Festival Cup.
- Participating Bars/Restaurants: The only drinks that are permitted to enter and leave each participating bar/restaurant will be drinks contained within a Souvenir Sweetcorn Festival Cup and bottled water. If a drink is not contained in a Souvenir Sweetcorn Festival Cup, then you will not be permitted to leave the venue with that drink and will be required to consume or leave that drink before exiting the premises.